Thursday 19 July 2012

TechEd 2012 Orlando Day 6


By now the morning routine was in full swing, showers, calls, breakfast at the OCCC in time to make the first sessions of the day starting at 8:30am. Even after last night’s late night I was alert (ish) and in the first session of the day, on the upcoming Windows 8 and how it works on different hardware platforms, virtual, laptops, tablets.

Second session was on User Experience Virtualisation or a major improvement to roaming profiles for administrators but only once we have migrated to Windows 7.

After a break for lunch and some football the afternoon sessions were on Orchestrator, a great technology for automating out routine IT processes, and some tricks on getting windows to boot quicker, and that the boot time is measured in cups of coffee.
This day actually shot passed and after learning a lot it was over. The plan before I flew out was to go and see Yee Ha Bob at Port Orleans tonight, but after last night’s late late night and the expectation that tomorrow would also be a late one, that didn’t seem like a good idea. So taking the chance to get an early night, I walked back to the hotel from the OCCC trying to decide where I wanted to eat that night. As the lunch at the conference had not been the most healthy today, that gave me the idea that Sweet Tomatoes would be a good bet, a big salad would help to make me feel like I was trying to be healthy. Now the one I knew is in Crossroads, but as I tried to find it in the GPS I noticed that was a closer one at South Kirkman Rd so I headed to that one, oops. As I drove up the road I got to where the GPS said it was but no sign, but there was a strip type mall on my right so I assumed it was in there, but where was the entrance, and with that I was passed it. Now the good thing about GPS is that if it does not think you have arrived it just re-routes you, so after a slight detour through Universal’s back roads I found myself back at the strip mall and found the entrance on International drive.

Sweet Tomatoes are right in the far corner and must have just not had a sign facing the road as I drove past. For those that have never been Sweet Tomatoes is a make your own salad place, you go down a long line of leaves, and vegetables, fruit, cheeses and dressings and pile this on your plate to make a salad just for you.



After the salad I did add a soup a south-western corn chowder (delicious) and there was a strawberry festival going on so I had to try the strawberry corn bread and the strawberry and apple cobbler, even with a slice of cheesecake still back in the hotel. All these extras are included in the single price you pay for the salad. They also have baked potatoes and ice cream. Suitably fed and sleepy I headed back to the hotel for that cheesecake and an early night, After a couple of episodes of law and order: SVU as I got distracted, and the night was not quite as early as I had hoped, but once you start watching you need to know who did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment