Tuesday 18 January 2011

Trip to WDW - Day 10 Released - Fri 17th Dec 2010

And finally we get to Friday morning and i am allowed a soft breakfast of grits/porridge/gruel well some grey semi solid food, that needed sugar to make it edible and some yoghurt, This was at 8am and then the waiting began, when would the doctor arrive to give me the all clear, when is this central line coming out of my arm.

When you are waiting for all this time seems to slow down, the american breakfast TV was getting very boring and repeative, and even the apearence of Lou Mongello from the WDWRadio show on Fox 35 at 9:30 did little to relive the waiting. Finally around 10am the cardiac nurse came to remove the central line. so I was free, I was able to wash and put some clothes on for the 1st time since Monday (that the clothes bit not the washing, i did try to keep clean during the time i was in hospital)

I was able to walk around the hospital without having to bring a pole with a drip and pump around with me. So walk i did but then I needed to keep getting back to the room to ensure i was there when the doctor arrived.

Getting more and more frustrated as I wanted to get back to being on holiday rather than just being a hospital patient, I started to annoy the nurses by keep asking where the doctor was as I wanted to go home.

We did get a visit around 11am from the dietrican visited to advice on what I should be eating to manage this new condition I would have to live with. I was told to have soft food for the next couple of days but then to move to a High Fibre diet once I got back to the UK. I have since found out that Diverticulitis is very common (over 50% of all men over 60 have it), even if I got the condition at little early. and all that can be done is to manage it via diet and try to stay as regular as possible to ensure that it does not flair up.

I think I started to really make myself a pain and started to even talk about just leaving as the Doctor had still not done his rounds, and the day was just drifting away.

We even got a visit from the employee who was taking orders for food for lunch, but I sent them away saying I was leaving before lunchtime, even if the doctor had still not arrived.

We packed away all the personal affects we had brought to the hospital and Celia took them down to the car.

Finally at around 12:30 the doctor finally arrived and I was given the all clear, I would still be on oral antibiotics and he went off to do the paperwork and get our copy so that I could pass this on the NHS once we got home.

So at 1:30 we finally left Celebration Hospital hopefully never to return, and had not had to pay anything (bar the $30 for the prescription)

And so the holiday was on again. and we were both hungry so as we also needed to get to Macy's as I needed some suit trousers we drove back up the I4 to Milennia and went back to Cheesecake Factory for some lunch.

I had a Farmhouse burger with Sweet potato fries and some coke, I had also developed a couple of cold sores and a cut on the top of my mouth which the toasted burger bad irritated but all being said it tasted so good to have some real food for the 1st time in almost a week.

We finished lunch and went off to Macy's getting our international traveller card for 11% discount on top of the reduced prices. I found some trousers but not enough and Celia was still looking for more shopping, so we transferred to the Florida Mall and tried the Macy's there. 6 Pairs of trousers and a few shirts later we had completed all the shopping we were planning on doing.

We then drove to the Contemporary hotel for the Disney Pin Trading night. I only arrived at 7pm (it had started at 6pm) with Celia wandering around the concourse level.  The event was in the convention center which is attached to the side of hotel and only took up a small part of the main fantasy ballroom. The room was set up with tables in rows going back through the room, with chairs both sides and large numbers of collectors with their books and folders in front of them and a couple of hundred people wandering arround looking for trades. Down one side of the room, was a display of pins to be released later in the year, and a queue for the purchasable pins including some limited edition ones that were released at the event.

After a quick look around I got in the merchandise queue and got the 3 limited edition pins along with  some others I had not seen during the trip so far. I also started to chat with the others in the queues next to me, which turned into my 1st couple of trades. I then spent the next 2 hours wandering around trying to find some good trades and made about 10 during the time.

At 9pm the event started to shut down and I headed back to the Concourse level to find Celia, which was simple enough as she was were we planed to meet.

We left the Contemporary and feeling hungry we went to Crossroads and on the recommendation of Nicola, we tried Sweet Tomatoes. It was good value and although I was still taking time to eat the food was tasty and we had some salad, baked potatoes, soup (well chili) and I had some ice cream.

Full and with some busy days to go we finally made it back to the Staybridge, which whilst we had been away had got much much busier so if the parking was bad here it did not feel good for crowds when we went to the parks over the next few days

No comments:

Post a Comment