Sunday 16 January 2011

Trip to WDW - Day 4 Candlelight Processional - Sat 11th Dec 2010

We awoke early again and after the showers, i got my breakfast (waffles again with Strawberries and sausage patties.) after after eating we were in the car and heading to Epcot, we arrived before the park arrived and parked in Imagine.

We were let in and made our way either side of spaceship earth as Celia was heading to the Land for her first ride on Soarin' after i had nagged her into trying it. Whilst I heading to Test Track to get some fast passes. But as we got to the central plaza we found the rope and were forced to wait again, but then a car came out with a family for a day and the famous 5.


Mickey and the gang wandered up and down the crowd shaking hands and posing for photo's but I was a man with a plan and didn't get a clear shot of them.

Finally we had a 10 second countdown and the characters sped away to the character connection and the as the rope was taken away the crowd parted into 2, half heading left the others heading right.

I was able to get to the front of the crowd and after being told a couple of times to stay behind the cast member we were walked briskly to Test Track. I was first to grab a couple of fast passes, then started to run back round the park to the land pavillion. where i joined the queue of people still streaming into the Land. walking down we got to the entrance to Soarin' where Celia was waiting and we jumped into the Soarin' queue which was already showing 20mins wait.

Soarin' was a good as ever, we were in the far right side of the seats, and 2nd row. so did have some feet to take us out of the feeling of flying, but Celia liked it, so I take that as a success.

We came off the ride and headed to living with the Land, which is not as good without the live cast member. but did still see some interesting plants.


From the land we headed over to the Seas and walked straight onto the Nemo ride and into the main tanks. At this point I started to feel a bit nauseous and thought it must have been something I had eaten. But we went and did Crush, which is a great attraction and just wish we could get to ask a question but it is always the children (or their parents) that get to talk to Crush.

As we left I was still feeling bad and started to get stomach cramps and had to get to the loo. After that I was still iffy so went back to the Land and Sunshine Seasons for an apple and some water to try and calm my stomach.

After a pause at Sunshine seasons I was still feeling in pain and the nausea had returned, we decided that it would be better to go back to the hotel rather than wander the park in case I felt worst. As we walked back to the front of the park, I had to stop at the loo's where the worst happened and I started to Vomit. After that we kept heading to the exit of the park, and after another stop and more vomiting at the loo's just outside the park, we made it back to the car and a quick drive we were back at the hotel by 11am.

I rested up and napped during the afternoon, and as my stomach had calmed down a bit but I was still getting the cramps when I would need to pee urgently, which would stop the cramps for a while.

At 3:30pm we headed back to Epcot as we had a 5:10pm ADR at the Rose and Crown as part of our Candlelight Processional package.

We got back to the park and met up with my Dad and Shelley, and before the ADR we decided to do Captain EO, which was poor and is showing its age, it also was not that crowded so not sure it will be around for that much longer. Glad we did see it, but not sure we will do it again if it does stay around.

I was still getting the cramps and the need to pee, but we headed to the Rose and Crown.

The food I am told by the others was very good and the chef did come out to talk to Celia about which options would work with her allergies but he did seem distracted and not as helpful as the chef at Tusker house. I on the other hand could not eat I ordered the Yorkshire dales (Mini Toad in the hole and Mushrooms in cream sauce in another yorkshire pud), and the Roast dinner, which both tasted good but I just had no appetite.

We finished our meal and after the obligatory photo taken by the waiter, we started the walk to the American garden theatre.


The theatre was already very crowded as we were just about the last of the package people to arrive, but we still got some good seats and the show is spectacular, I am so glad we booked this and managed to get Whoopi Goldberg who ad-libbed a couple of interesting asides.




Even in my poor state I would not hesitate to recommend the candlelight processional to anyone going to be in Walt Disney world during the holiday season. And I would suggest that unless you want to stand, go for the package which is now available via the internet booking. But I was still in a bad way and had to leave the show before it finished as the cramps started to build again and so I needed the loo again.

We decided that it would be safer to leave after the show rather than wait until after Illuminations even though as part of the Candlelight processional package we would have had a dedicated area to watch from. So we left Dad & Shelley to watch and we headed back to the Car, via a couple of loo breaks.

And so back to bed, with a decision needed in the morning, do we go to the Crystal palace for a birthday breakfast, as we had decided to celebrate 6 months late on the 12th Dec rather than the 12th June.

No comments:

Post a Comment